Sheraton Hotels & Resorts company opens jobs for Assistant Financial Controller positions in the Western Province region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Accounting/Auditing and Finance skills with Entry level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around රු. 12,000 - රු. 36,000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Hospitality, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Company:||Sheraton Hotels & Resorts|
|Position:||Assistant Financial Controller|
|Region:||Western Province, Colombo - Western Province|
|Job Function:||Accounting/Auditing and Finance|
|Seniority Level:||Entry level|
Job Number 23121778
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Sheraton Colombo Hotel, 265 Galle Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The position champions and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment.
Education And Experience
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Strategic Planning and Decision Making
- Analyzes financial data and market trends.
- Assists in analyzing information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Assists in developing means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new business plans
- Protects and strengthens our competitive advantage by advocating and supporting sound business and financial decision making.
- Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
Leading Accounting Teams
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Communicates the goals and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
- Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers’ clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
- Holds staff accountable for successful performance.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Supports property strategy from a finance and accounting perspective
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Ensures appropriate corrections are made to audit results if necessary.
- Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Generates and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Understands the owners’ perspective and ROI expectations.
- Anticipates and addresses owner needs and involves ownership in key decisions.
- Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the property’s strategies and to lead own team.
- Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Attends owners meetings in order to provide context and explanation for financial results.
- Attends meetings and communicates with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the needs of all key stakeholders.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program.
- Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
- gain experience
- taught first
- Get bonus if overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.