LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group) company opens jobs for Associate Engineer, Clarity Development & Support positions in the Western Province region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Information Technology skills with Entry level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in IT Services and IT Consulting and Financial Services, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group)
|Associate Engineer, Clarity Development & Support
|Western Province, Colombo - Western Province
|IT Services and IT Consulting and Financial Services
MI & Tools – Associate Engineer, Clarity development and support
Reporting to the Clarity BAU Service Lead, the Clarity Developers will provide L2 & L3 work of the Clarity application and also be responsible for development of new functionality within Clarity and GPM dashboards.
- Under the leadership of the Clarity Technical & Functional Leads, perform like for like upgrades, with upgrade assessment
- Manage health of the system and escalation of bug issues on product with product vendor
- Service requests: User account creation / changes. Project set up and data completeness User Queries: log in / access rights issues, timesheet issues / on-call queries
- Oracle & HR postings and error resolution
- Incidents & bugs management directly with users
- System outage management
- Fix of small bugs and application of patches from the vendor
- Small change build for mandatory changes, e.g. hierarchy renames, field name changes, report reformats (Jaspersoft), portlet changes
The Clarity toolset has undergone rapid expansion and development in a highly demanding area. Excellent communication, relationship management skills and working with remote teams is therefore essential.
Owing to the high volume and diversity of work in both the role and the team, the Clarity Developers are expected to continually seek ways of bringing about innovation and process improvement to all aspects of the role.
System BAU Maintenance and Data Administration / System Stability
- Seek out functional & technical solutions for BAU tasks to streamline and improve processes
- Working with the Clarity Technical Lead maintain up to date record of all work undertaken in Jira and provide solution analysis of Jira items to Clarity Lead Analyst as and when required
- Responsible for the health of the system by checking the log applications and events to determine the causes that may lead to disruptions of applications. Review of reports including disk space, use applications, number of incidents or other kind of reports, and identification of new reports that can be run.
- Manage internal relationship with IT partners e.g. in IT Support and Infrastructure to ensure stability of the platform, and manage refreshes / upgrades
- Year end activities
- Occasional weekend deployment support
User Support – Level 2 & 3
- Act as L2 and L3 support for the Clarity Application, being first point of contact with the user and responsible for resolving the user request / issues within SLAs to high quality
- Follow procedures to ensure alerts in multiple areas are responded to in a timely manner
- Escalate unresolved queries to CA to manage product bugs and raise support items
- Ensures proper recording, documentation and closure of alerts
- Perform system development work including – Reporting: portlets, reporting (Jaspersoft), data extraction, Power BI extracts; Writing Stored procedures, functions, batch programmes, release notes and Performance tuning of the DB objects; Providing support for Clarity application and developed components using Gel Scripts, XOG Processes, NSQL; Make configuration changes; Integration of Oracle, JIRA, MSP and Power BI with Clarity PPM tool;
- Write technical specs and deployment instructions for all changes.
- Manage technical testing for all changes.
- Manage the Data Dictionary and ensure all customizations and configurations are documented with reference to the business requirements
- Identify and manage any associated risks and issues working closely with identified owners to track, report and resolve in a timely manner
- Applies judgement to assess the relative importance of assigned tasks and prioritizes effectively.
- Assist with deployment weekends, with both deploying changes and management of the weekends
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
- Continuously adopts a pragmatic, flexible and responsive approach
- Maintain constructive and supportive working relationships with team and stakeholders across the group
- Facilitates effective team interaction recognizing individual team members contributions
- Use of creative solutions regarding use of tools and technics to support delivery of objectives
- Consistently delivers a high quality service to stakeholders
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritize an ever changing list of demands, juggling live issue resolution with regular system maintenance and system improvements with user support
- Acts responsibility in the recognition of deployments across environments and proper controls
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will demonstrate and practice adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points.
- Adherence to LSEG Change standards, and communication of these to programme stakeholders.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in an IT related discipline
- Demonstrable years Coding experience in Microsoft SQL development, code development, including expertise with Stored Procedures, database functions and batch programs
- Working knowledge XML and associated technologies
- Good management skills with co-located teams
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent English and written skills
- Process improvement/innovation skills
- Must be able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Logical thinker with good problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Innovative and proactive nature
- Must be a confident team player with good interpersonal skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Can demonstrate composure under pressure and operate with little guidance
- Windows Server environments
- Demonstrable years experience working in application development experience (technical and/or functional) with Clarity and expertise with the configuration capabilities within the Clarity PPM tool, including Clarity jobs, Gel, XOG Processes, NSQL, Jasper soft usage, CA Data model, Data Quality tool, portlets and CAPA.
- Extensive experience researching and troubleshooting production issues within the Clarity v15 PPM tool and Jasper Reports
- Experience of the new CA PPM “User Experience” and UI screens
- Demonstrable years of experience in JIRA
- Excellent experience in the architecture, design, specification, development and deployment of Clarity solutions
- Global experience – working successfully with teams in multiple locations simultaneously
- Experience in large investment banking or financial services organizations
- Experience of vendor management strongly preferred
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,00 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
- gain experience
- taught first
- Get bonus if overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group), so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.