Standard Chartered Bank company opens jobs for FM Country Business Manager Sri Lanka and Nepal positions in the Western Province region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Finance and Strategy/Planning skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Banking and Financial Services, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Company:||Standard Chartered Bank|
|Position:||FM Country Business Manager Sri Lanka and Nepal|
|Region:||Western Province, Colombo - Western Province|
|Job Function:||Finance and Strategy/Planning|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Industry:||Banking and Financial Services|
The Country Business Manager for Financial Markets business will support the Financial Markets Business Heads in executing FM Sri Lanka and Nepal strategy, implementing business initiatives, helping ensure adherence to regulations and policies and provide risk & governance related support
- Definition and implementation of the local FM strategy and business initiatives.
- Execution and delivery of the global FM agenda locally.
- Partner with local support functions and stakeholders to unblock any business issues
- Country Business Manager represents COO role of Financial Market & Treasury Markets a first line of defence, implements the Standard Chartered Enterprise Risk Management Framework and supports the Group’s Operational Risk policy and associated operational risk procedures to ensure that front office operational risks are effectively managed at the business unit level.
- Articulation of business performance to stakeholders and manage business under performance.
- Support the FM Country Head in supervising and coordinating in-country audits.
- Provide business support on dealing room management, e.g., capacity planning, business continuity, access controls, Service Level Agreements, licensing, etc.
- Business budgeting and forecasting requirements for businesses
- Driving and management of a prudent cost culture
- Continuously evaluate and identify operational risk implications of business strategies and programmes, and provide expert guidance on any operational risk remediation actions
- Supporting Financial Market COO initiatives and drive adoption of initiatives at the country level
- Continuously seek out process simplification and re-engineering opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders including GBS and ensure submissions are made on a timely basis
- Ensure that the submissions are accurate, complete, reconciled (where relevant) and specific to the requirements
- Aim for all processes to be adhered to, in line with approved policies and procedures
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase productivity and reduce operational risk.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Be the “connector” between global and local and export best practices.
- Identify, assess and mitigate operational risks in-country.
- Establish and execute controls, monitor, report and escalate operational risks where appropriate in-country.
- Supervise and coordinate in-country audits;
- Operate effective supervision of FM, Treasury Markets and Wealth Management Product Sales (WMPS) staff in the dealing room, where applicable
- Support the FM Country Head in running of the Business Risk Forums (BRFs) and represent FM in other relevant risk / governance forums
- Ensure dealing room staff adhere to internal and external processes and procedures, and governance practices set out by the FM Process Governance Committees.
- Keep up to date with country regulations to assess impact / business opportunities and manage any changes to business processes and infrastructure.
- Liaise with the regulators on data requirements for FM including fronting of the annual inspection exercise on behalf of FM
- Assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the country / region
- Helping deliver ‘effective governance and a challenge process as appropriate
- Head – Financial Markets
- Desk Heads – FM Sales, FM Trading & WMPS
- FM & TM Management Teams – Country / Regional
- FM & TM Regional Country Product Heads
- CIB & Segment Partners
- Regional / Country Function Heads
- Regional / Country – Legal, Compliance, Operations, Risk & Finance
- Regional / Country FMO & Middle Office
- Regional – FM/TM COO
- Audit & Assurance
- Financial regulators
- Knowledge of the Financial Markets business and products;
- Professional Qualification (e.g. CA, MBA, CIMA, CFA) preferred.
- Strong Excel, and PowerPoint skills;
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website ww.sc.com/careers
- Bonus for overtime
- Gain experience
- Comfortable work environment
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Standard Chartered Bank, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.