IFC - International Finance Corporation company opens jobs for Investment Officer positions in the Western Province region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Finance and Sales skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around රු. 12,000 - රු. 36,000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Financial Services, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Company:||IFC – International Finance Corporation|
|Region:||Western Province, Colombo - Western Province|
|Job Function:||Finance and Sales|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit ww.ifc.org.
Private sector financial development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low and middle income countries around the world. Sound and efficient financial markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth. IFC?’s goal is to prioritize investment in the financial sector because it promotes development in all other sectors. The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is one of three major industry groups at IFC, responsible for managing roughly 40% of IFC?s overall business in terms of volume and capital at risk. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with investment, upstream and advisory services delivered globally to IFC’s clients through its global network.
FIG’s South Asia team is based across the region with main hubs and locations in Mumbai, Delhi, Colombo, Kathmandu and Dhaka. The team members work on both new business development and portfolio management across the region. With a diverse network of markets, the pipeline of new transactions range from investing fresh equity in banks to structured finance products that help develop local capital markets. FIG South Asia Regional Industry Team is seeking an investment officer with significant local market and industry experience to help grow and develop its business in South Asia.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Handle client relationships and provide insight into sector developments in client countries to anticipate new investment opportunities and/or performance issues.
- Provide key support, and in some cases lead in identification, appraisal, structuring and negotiation of financial sector investments.
- Identify and analyze fundamental competitive strengths and weaknesses of projects or portfolio companies and identify non-financial issues, opportunities and risk/reward factors (e.g. business environment, country, and sponsor).
- Handle disbursements, waivers and complex client interactions such as restructurings; monitor and value equity investments and recommends/executes the sale of holdings.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of banking, financial institutions and related industry knowledge.
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities through anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge.
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, loan restructuring and rescheduling, capital increases and equity sales, etc. Provide leadership and support in the development of the Financial Institutions Group’s knowledge management strategy, and assist in execution of this strategy.
- Apply knowledge of project/portfolio lifecycle to identify and meet critical path milestones, and to implement tasks (including production of documents) in a timely and high-quality fashion for the processing or supervision of projects.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, upstream and advisory colleagues in order to champion IFC’s value to its clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Mentor and coach less-experienced investment staff and help build talent and grow skill base of staff.
- Take responsibility for other project or strategy related activities related to FIG’s business activities in the region.
- Assist in the assessment of Upstream opportunities based on country and sector strategies and market creation potential.
- Develop feasibility studies and implementation plans for Upstream projects that lead to IFC investments.
- Prepare brief documents summarizing insights ex-post from portfolio reviews and reporting to identify improvement opportunities and best practices.
- Support the preparation of monthly Portfolio Actions reports, Quarterly Portfolio Review reports etc. for departmental use, and prepare and provide materials for portfolio review meetings (debt/equity reviews) and quarterly Loss Reserves meetings.
- Master’s degree in finance, economics or other related areas; accreditation as a CFA or CPA is considered a plus.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the financial sector, with evidence of growing expertise in banking and non-banking financial institutions and finance related disciplines;
- Good understanding of financial and operational characteristics of financial institutions.
- Clear experience and expertise in identifying, evaluating, structuring and negotiating debt and equity transactions; experience in portfolio management.
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate a variety of complex financial instruments (debt and equity).
- Sound business judgment and strong problem solving/negotiation skills, as well as ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- Strong skills in evaluation of risk and ability to anticipate short and long term implications of decisions.
- Ability to make sound decisions and commit to decisions.
- Hold self and team accountable for risk management and outcomes.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Ability to systematically share with others good practice and learning from lessons from across WBG, clients, and partners.
- Considered an expert in the subject area and is sought out by colleagues to advise, peer review, or contribute to knowledge products of others.
- Skilled in collaboration across boundaries and broadly, ability to bring differing ideas into the forefront. Good relationship management skills with proven track record of success in developing client relationships and execution of client engagements.
- Knowledge and Experience in International Economic Development Arena and commitment to sustainable development.
- Excellent business judgment and strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify issues and present creative, practical solutions.
- Great team player, able to mentor and train junior staff.
- Capacity to deal with conflicting priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule; facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in English are required; additional major language desirable.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
- Comfortable environment
- Taught when starting work
- Salary bonus if there is overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company IFC – International Finance Corporation, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.