UNDP Careers company opens jobs for Project Analyst – Energy & Waste positions in the Western Province region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Engineering and Information Technology skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around රු. 10,000 - රු. 40,000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in International Affairs, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Project Analyst – Energy & Waste|
|Region:||Western Province, Colombo - Western Province|
|Job Function:||Engineering and Information Technology|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), as the development arm of the United Nations, works in 170 countries and territories, helping to empower lives and build resilient nations. In Sri Lanka, UNDP has been working as a key development partner of choice since 1967, to achieve sustainable human development on economic, social, and environmental fronts. Working closely with the Government at national, regional and local levels, civil society and the private sector, UNDP aims to eradicate extreme poverty, and reduce inequalities and exclusion to protect both people and the planet.
Climate change is the single greatest challenge humanity has ever faced threatening water and food security, health, livelihoods, and the safety of billions of people. The global response to this challenge must be just, inclusive, and leave no one behind while seeking the most efficient climate solutions that advance multiple Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at once.
UNDP Sri Lanka is assisting the Government to work towards a sustainable Sri Lanka building up institutional, legal, and individual capacities to respond to the effects of climate change as well as adherence to global commitments such as the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) under the Paris Agreement. UNDP Sri Lanka provides support to the government through policy advice, technical assistance, finance, and reporting by implementing pilot projects and programmes.
Even though the country’s per capita Green House Gas (GHG) emissions are significantly lower than most middle-income countries, the country has an ambitious target to become carbon neutral by 2050. The Energy and Waste portfolio of the Climate and Environment Team (CET) is supporting the government to achieve these targets by programming interventions in the Energy, Transport and Waste sectors. UNDP intends to support the ambitious power sector targets by developing projects aiming to assist the power sector and thermal sector to transition to renewable energy sources through potential donor funding in collaboration with the Ministry of Power. Furthermore, UNDP in collaboration with the Ministry of Transport is working on the implementation and development of project proposals to achieve a sustainable transport sector.
Against this backdrop, UNDP seeks to recruit a Project Analyst – Energy & Waste, who will be responsible for ensuring coordination and monitoring of the implementation of the projects in the Energy and Waste portfolio and pipeline development.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to Programme Coordination Specialist of the Climate and Environment Team (CET) (Organigramme attached).
The Project Analyst will work under the Programme Coordination Specialist-Climate and Environment Team (CET) in close consultation with the Senior Technical Specialist – CET.
The Main Areas Of Focus Will Be As Follows
Support effective implementation of projects and achievement of quality results through efficient coordination of the following areas:
- Coordinate all inter-agency arrangements, planning, follow-up, including organizing of technical meetings as well as the stakeholder meetings, ensuring smooth project implementation
- Support the development of annual workplans and/or revise work plans, procurement plans and project budgets in collaboration with colleagues and partners
- Maintain oversight of expenditures and ensure both value for money and efficient delivery in line with established targets including the timely procurement of the required goods and services
- Ensure high-quality delivery of outputs and activity results as per project documents
- Support monitoring of project implementation and achievements against outputs
- Support preparation of annual and final reports in coordination with other partners.
Strengthening partnerships and resource mobilization.
- Support strengthening and maintaining relationships between UNDP and other development agencies and other state and non-state partners.
- Provide inputs on formulation of new projects.
- Support to strengthen partnerships with government entities and civil society organizations, including through improved planning and policymaking.
- Work with other relevant UNDP Technical and Communications colleagues to develop required advocacy messages, strategies, and materials.
Effective And High-quality Knowledge Management And Timely Reporting
- Support coordination of the communications, visibility related interventions of the project
- Support development of knowledge dissemination advocacy plans and efforts of the project
- Support preparation of project progress reports and end of project reports including associated monitoring and evaluation activities
The above key results will ensure efficient implementation and result in delivery from projects, as per agreed work plans. In addition, the results will strengthen internal UNDP collaboration, build strong partnerships with key external partners, to facilitate innovation and effective resource mobilization.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies
2030 Agenda: People Gender
- Climate Change and Risk Management of Disasters with a Gender Perspective
- Knowledge Generation: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
2030 Agenda: Planet
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Recovery: Disaster and Climate Risk Governance
- Nature, Climate and Energy: Climate Change Policies: Climate Finance
Business Direction & Strategy
- System Thinking: Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system.
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Project Management: Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Engineering, Project Management, or a related area is required OR
- A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree. (Degree must be from an accredited university)
- Up to two (2) years (with Master´s degree) or minimum 2 years (with Bachelor´s degree) of progressively responsible work experience in implementing or coordinating donor-funded development projects.
- Minimum of five (05) years of experience working in donor-funded development projects is highly desirable.
- Minimum of two (02) years of relevant experience in Energy and Waste management is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience and Knowledge in project coordination, and operational skills would be desirable.
- Prior work experience in the development sector/UN agency, will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience and knowledge of UN financial, human resources, procurement, management and general operations policies would be desirable.
- Fluency in Sinhala and/or Tamil with excellent English communication skills is required.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant Information About UNDP Rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Comfortable environment
- Taught when starting work
- Salary bonus if there is overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company UNDP Careers, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.