UNDP Careers company opens jobs for Project Procurement and Logistics Associate positions in the Western Province region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Management and Manufacturing skills with Entry level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in International Affairs, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Project Procurement and Logistics Associate|
|Region:||Western Province, Colombo - Western Province|
|Job Function:||Management and Manufacturing|
|Seniority Level:||Entry level|
Candidates must completely update the UNFPA Recruitment System Application by clicking the apply now button, and provide specific details on their experience, qualifications, and details of at least 4 referees, along with all the other required information. A cover letter and an updated detailed CV should be attached to the system application as supporting documents. No hard copy or email applications will be accepted. Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.
Once applied, to update the application, UNFPA will send you a system notification, requesting you to update the application. Alternatively, you can withdraw the application at https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience from the candidate self service page, and re-submit a new application with a different email account.
THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT. Candidates who applied for the position earlier are not required to re-apply.
Job title: Project Procurement and Logistics Associate
Level: SC5 / SB3, Peg 2
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Full/Part time: Full-Time
Fixed term/Temporary: Service Contract (Temporary)
Duration: 6 Months (Renewable) *No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulations 4.5
Job Opening Details
Applications are accepted through Midnight Sri Lanka time, on 16 July 2023.
No hard copy or email applications will be accepted. All applications must be submitted through the UNFPA Recruitment Platform. Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager and in close coordination with the procurement focal point, the Project Procurement & Logistics Associate ensures the effective delivery of procurement and logistics services for the project.
How You Can Make a Difference
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You would be responsible for:
- Ensures full compliance of procurement activities with UNFPA rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including in humanitarian settings.
- Participate in the work-planning sessions and provide advice on preparation of project-level Annual Procurement Plan and an integrated CO Procurement Plan.
- Creates awareness on the importance of procurement and procurement planning to deliver in accordance with the UNFPA policies and procedures.
- Develop sourcing strategy for smooth implement the CO Procurement Plan, take pro-active measures to achieve cost-savings where possible, review and process procurement requests from the CO and project teams in a transparent and cost-effective manner, and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of LTAs, vendor service contracts and vendor maintenance, and develop and maintain a list of vendors and service providers.
- Ensure timely delivery of goods and services to the teams concerned, taking mitigating steps in case of any delays to resolve the bottlenecks.
- Keep and properly file full documentation of all procurement cases.
- Ensure an effective procurement recording and reporting system, internal controls and audit follow-up.
- Advise the CO teams and projects when procured goods arrive, ensure their safe-keep and dispatch the goods received to their final destinations.
- Participate in the UN Procurement Group and make solid contributions towards Delivering as One.
- Manage and oversee all travels ensuring that authorized travels are in compliance with established travel and other policies.
- Support logistics requirements for project related travel, activities and procurement in coordination with relevant staff and partners.
- Establish travel entitlements and raise/review PO’s for air tickets and DSAs.
- When required, facilitate airport meet-and-greet and departure in accordance with CO cost-
- Identify suitable venues for CO-organized events and finalize plans with concerned unit, ensuring all facilities and support services required are available and mobilized.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor and senior management of the Country Office.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful completion of Secondary Level Education (G.C.E. Advanced Level or High School Diploma) is required.
- Bachelor’s degree, Diplomas or specialized qualifications in accounting or finance, business administration, supply chain management, or other relevant subjects are desirable.
Knowledge And Experience
- Strong experience in procurement and logistics, and other areas of supply chain management is required, i.e., six years experience with G.C.E. Advanced Level or High School Diploma, Or, three years experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in handling supply chain management functions for a UN system agency or other development / humanitarian agency is an advantage.
- Experience in import and clearance procedures, transport, warehouse and inventory management are an advantage.
- Prior experience in working with government authorities and local service providers on procurement and logistics is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in current office software applications is required.
- Experience in web-based management and ERP financial systems is desirable.
- Ability to plan, organize, multi-task is required.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines under pressure is required.
- Attention to detail is required.
Very good command of the English language and fluency in Sinhala and / or Tamil.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Communicating for impact
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships
Functional / Other Competencies
- Self-management/Emotional Intelligence
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Client Orientation
- Knowledge Sharing
- Delivering Results Based Programme
- Generating, Managing and Promoting the Use of Knowledge and Information
- Facilitating Quality Programmatic Results
- Managing the Organizations Financial Resources
- Providing Procurement Services
- Ensuring Facilities and Assets Management
Compensation And Benefits
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://ww.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.
- gain experience
- taught first
- Get bonus if overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company UNDP Careers, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.