MAS Holdings company opens jobs for Senior Data Scientist positions in the Western Province region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Analyst skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Retail Apparel and Fashion, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Senior Data Scientist|
|Region:||Western Province, Colombo - Western Province|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Industry:||Retail Apparel and Fashion|
As the DIGITAL EXCELLENCE pillar at MAS, we drive MAS’s Digital Transformation across the group.
We are building capabilities to address headwinds and opportunities that are coming our way so we can future proof MAS and be relevant in the future. We have embarked on a highly ambitious multi-million $ analytics driven future proofing program. This has opened several roles in our Data Insights team.
What you need to do:
- Devise & utilize algorithms to mine big data stores, clean & validate data for uniformity & accuracy, develop models and perform data & error analysis to improve models
- Provide data science solution architectures for identified problem areas at MAS by identifying relevant data sources and sets to mine for business needs, collect large structured and unstructured datasets that would be useful for future solutions and explore datasets to identify opportunities to solve business problems
- Identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through existing data while working closely with the data engineers to strategize and execute the development of data products
- Commission the right data infrastructure and tools for analytics
- Understand business opportunity/threat, translate them to data science problems, design solutions with the business team, develop project proposal, work break down structure, estimate cost, implement the solution and drive adoption of the solution in the business
- Make quick, informed and independent decisions in ambiguous situations
- Coach & Lead the work of junior Data Scientists, provide direction to junior Data Engineers, resolve potential conflicts and ensure they deliver Ontime and Quality (minimum re-work) work products.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in STEM
- Professional business/accounting qualification (e.g.: CIMA, ACCA) or an MBA is a distinct advantage
- 5+ Years domain experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Ecommerce or Retail
- 3+ Years in SQL scripting
- 3+ Years in Python or Scala programming
- 2+ Year in Cloud Computing Environments such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- 2+ Years in Statistical and ML model building in regression and classification use case classes
- 2+ Years in Visualization Tools (PowerBI, Tableau etc)
- Highly developed communication skills to convince stakeholders
- Bonus for overtime
- Gain experience
- Comfortable work environment
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company MAS Holdings, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.