Amnesty International company opens jobs for South Asia Regional Researcher positions in the Western Province region. The type of work we provide is Contract.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Research, Writing/Editing, & Consulting skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around රු. 14,000 - රු. 45,000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Non-profit Organizations, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||South Asia Regional Researcher|
|Region:||Western Province, Colombo District - Western Province|
|Job Function:||Consulting, Research, Writing/Editing|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
The post holder will lead and support the South Asia team in taking forward Amnesty International’s research on Nepal. The researcher will scrutinise, challenge, interrogate and expose human rights risks/violations in these countries using qualitative and/or quantitative research methods. The post-holder will have the opportunity to spearhead novel investigative techniques combining traditional human rights research methods with participatory methods, collaborating with a wider range of actors who are already active and established in the human rights advocacy space in Nepal.
As an experienced researcher, with a strong technical understanding of the international human rights law framework applicable to Nepal, you will have knowledge of conducting field research and leading research projects, developing strategies to achieve human rights impact. You will have excellent public speaking skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts and research findings to a range of audiences.
Fluency in English is essential, the ability to speak, read and write Nepali or any of the regional languages is desirable.
- Co-develop a strategic research and investigations plan with the project team, investigating the human rights concerns impacting people in Nepal;
- Manage the evidence gathering, consultations, interviews and triangulation of data and the impact that it has on lived experience of people living in these countries;
- Manage technical aspects of the research projects from conceptualisation through to publications and launch; keep projects on track to reach pre-defined milestones and within budget; participate in crisis response as needed in order to contribute to the overall smooth running of the work in these countries;
- Proactively identify opportunities to investigate human rights abuses in Nepal; use outputs of research and investigations to inform Amnesty’s policy recommendations, advocacy and campaigning;
- Contribute to producing timely, high quality and effective reports, data visualisations, briefings, position papers, action materials, press releases, and other internal and external documents; work closely with campaigns, comms and advocacy roles in Amnesty’s South Asia team to communicate and deliver outputs with impact.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience working in a human rights research role, preferably with a heavy research and/or investigations component;
- Advanced Degree or equivalent qualifications/experience in law or social sciences with a research component;
- Demonstrated experience investigating human rights issues in Nepal, including evidence of published papers or research demonstrating experience in investigative research methods, such as field research, managing research projects with multiple contributors as well as a clear interest in developing or experimenting with new investigations techniques; experience in gathering data from inaccessible and difficult sources;
- Demonstrated experience of carrying out complex research and investigations projects and producing high quality outputs, and ability to work independently and to lead the project team;
- Excellent written English and the ability to produce clear, persuasive, and concise research documents, policy positions and strategy papers; Ability to speak, read and write Nepali or any of the regional languages is desirable.
Please see the attached job description on our website for more information on the responsibilities, skills and experience required.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by emailing [email protected]
- gain experience
- taught first
- Get bonus if overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Amnesty International, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.