DevTech Systems, Inc. company opens jobs for Sustainability Outreach Expert positions in the Western Province region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Other skills with Entry level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around රු. 14,000 - රු. 45,000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in International Trade and Development, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Company:||DevTech Systems, Inc.|
|Position:||Sustainability Outreach Expert|
|Region:||Western Province, Colombo - Western Province|
|Seniority Level:||Entry level|
|Industry:||International Trade and Development|
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 38 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include Monitoring Evaluation, Research and Learning; Data Solutions; Public Financial Management and Fiscal Sustainability; and Education, Gender, and Youth.
At DevTech, we care deeply about doing work that leads to positive change in the world. We value diverse perspectives and are committed to an inclusive work environment. We encourage each person to learn, develop, and meet their professional potential. We rethink and evolve how we do things to grow and improve our company.
The Indo-Pacific Opportunity Program (IPOP) is a 4-year, regional activity in the Indo-Pacific region designed to address the Public Financial Management (PFM) objectives under the Indo-Pacific Strategy (IPS). It aims to create inclusive and sustainable economic growth, encourage regional cooperation, promote good governance, and improve the management of institutions. IPOP will focus on improving the macroeconomic policy and trade environment in the target countries. It also aims to strengthen democratic institutions to oversee PFM and implement sustainable infrastructure projects. IPOP is designed to contribute to four intermediate results
- Improve trade and investment policy and capacity;
- Strengthen ability to implement sustainable and high-quality infrastructure projects
- Improve macroeconomic and fiscal policy; and
- Strengthen democratic systems to oversee PFM
Under IPOP, the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) Activity has the following objectives
- Provide technical support to MSMEs in the tourism industry, especially those with the potential for growth
- Give SLTDA the technical support needed to develop a sustainability framework for the Sri Lankan Tourism Industry.
- Furnish SLTDA with the technical assistance they require to develop a Sri Lankan ‘Land Bank’.
- Conduct cross-cutting activities to empower women and encourage sustainability in the tourism sector.
DevTech intends to hire a Cooperating Country National, or Sri Lankan citizen, to fill the Sustainability Outreach Expert consulting role. He or she will
- Prepare content for and execute a knowledge sharing session for five regional MSME Expos that the project will hold around the country. In these outreach sessions, MSMEs will be trained on sustainability basics and why sustainable tourism is important. The consultant will be expected to deliver a specific knowledge session in each outreach event on the topic of sustainability discussed below.
- Help to incorporate lessons-learned in outreach initiatives to shape future discussions on incentivizing sustainability in the tourism industry.
The Sustainability Outreach Expert will report to the Component Two Lead, the Project Director, and the Chief of Party.
Level of Effort and Period of Performance
The period of performance will be from July 1, 2023 – March 1, 2024. The total level of effort will be 30 days.
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in sustainable tourism.
- Excellent presentation and audience engagement skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally with remote and in-person co-workers.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
Fluent in written and spoken English and spoken Sinhala and/or Tamil
The Sustainability Outreach Expert will make significant contributions to the following deliverables, in collaboration with the niche tourism component project team.
- Marketing Material Promoting Outreach Programs Develop marketing collateral (both digital and print) promoting the outreach sessions and registration requirements. The collateral will be shared on social media platforms, Provincial Tourism Bureau offices, etc.
- Content (presentations/collateral, etc) Develop content for a knowledge session on the topic
- Small Changes, Big Impact!
- How to get started on your sustainability journey
- Tools to help
- Conducting knowledge sharing sessions Conduct the above-referenced knowledge sharing session at the five planned regional outreach programs. The outreach sessions will require travel outside of Colombo on the project’s chosen schedule.
NOTE This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age (40 and older), physical and mental disability, genetic information (including family medical history) or characteristics, military status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship or alienage, or any other protected status as established by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Bonus for overtime
- Gain experience
- Comfortable work environment
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company DevTech Systems, Inc., so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.