British Council company opens jobs for Teacher Coordinator positions in the Western Province region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Other skills with Not Applicable experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around රු. 14,000 - රු. 45,000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Non-profit Organizations and Education Administration Programs, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Region:||Western Province, Colombo - Western Province|
|Seniority Level:||Not Applicable|
|Industry:||Non-profit Organizations and Education Administration Programs|
We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people.
Job title: Teacher Coordinator (Young Learner)
To support British Council Sri Lanka teachers to deliver quality teaching in our Young Learner classrooms and contribute to their overall professional development.
Main Opportunities And Challenges For This Role
- Actively engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning, and maintain British Council’s position at the forefront of best ELT practices
- Contribute to the development of lasting, mutually beneficial relationships by enhancing students’ understanding of contemporary UK
- Support local marketing and promotional strategy, and assist the teaching centre team in delivering excellent customer service
Main Accountabilities But Not Limited To The Following
- Plan, prepare and deliver up to a max 15 hours, however the this may increase based on operational needs. Expectation to deliver high-quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups considering individual learning styles
- Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to help manage students’ performance throughout the course, and actively promote learner autonomy
- Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials and related services, in order to meet students’ needs by actively working as a member of the teaching team
- Complete teaching related administrative tasks to specified standards
- Support the Senior Teacher, and the Cluster/Regional/Global Teaching Excellence and YL Product teams in implementing the Teaching Excellence Action Plan (TEAP), product roll outs and other academic projects
- Assist the Senior Teacher in academic management of the Teaching Centre, proactively participating in both planning and implementation
- Contribute to the smooth running of Young Learner courses by:
- Keeping teachers up to date on YL products, resources and course procedures
- Supporting teachers with lesson planning, classroom management issues and identifying training needs
- Facilitating the planning and implementation of campaigns and activities to raise customers’ awareness of products, learning and progress made by their children
- Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing resources to support and improve the quality and learning and teaching
- Line-manage up to 6 teachers and 6 Young Learner Teacher Assistants in accordance with line management and performance enablement policies and procedures
- Delivering, and facilitating the management and delivery of external teacher training courses (e.g. CELTA, TYLEC, DELTA etc.) in accordance with course guidelines
- Identifying, planning and resourcing internal teacher training activities, sessions and courses in line with teachers’ needs
Role Specific Knowledge And Experience
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent
- Recognised diploma in EFL (i.e. DELTA/Trinity DipTESOL)
- Right to work in Sri Lanka (Sri Lankan citizen or holder of a valid residence work visa)
Contract Type: 2-year fixed term contract
Closing date for applications – 07 July 2023
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
- Bonus for overtime
- Gain experience
- Comfortable work environment
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company British Council, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.